At Bay Property Management Group, we are property management professionals focused on customer service. Furthermore, our goal is to make property ownership both a pleasurable and profitable experience for our clients. We know that our success is due to our awesome team members and how they each contribute something special to our property management company in Baltimore.
Therefore, we are initiating our Employee Spotlight to help you get to know more about our talented employees and how their unique backgrounds and expertise help us stay a “cut above the rest.” Today, we proudly introduce Rachel Guades, one of our Marketing Specialists for BMG. Read on to discover all about Rachel, her professional background, and what she enjoys most about working here at Bay Property Management Group.
Meet Rachel Bustamante-Guades, Marketing Assistant for BMG
Rachel Bustamante-Guades is one of our talented marketing assistants for Bay Property Management Group. She works for our Baltimore office and has been with us for three years now.
Before working at BMG, she worked for six years in banking as a transaction processing specialist for an international bank. Then, she transitioned to a full-time property management assistant, working remotely for a US-based startup throughout 2019 and 2020. She’s been working in the property management industry for four years now.
Rachel is a graduate of the University of the Philippines with a degree in Social Sciences.
A Day in the Life of Rachel
Rachel starts her day bright and early at 5:30 AM with coffee before anything else. Then, she starts with her daily work tasks, like checking emails and responding to any urgent messages. Next, she reviews the day’s schedule and prioritizes her tasks. Some of her main responsibilities throughout each day as a marketing assistant include the following:
- Use marketing analytics tools to gather data on the performance of marketing campaigns.
- Generate reports from marketing analytics tools.
- Create web page edits and collaborate with web developers to implement changes and improvements.
- Assist with email marketing campaigns and newsletters.
- Monitor Google Business profiles.
- Manage citations to ensure the accuracy and credibility of the company’s profile from external sources.
- Stay updated on marketing trends and tools by reading industry blogs, attending webinars, or participating in relevant courses.
- Other administrative tasks to help the marketing team succeed.
As you can see, Rachel has a number of tasks. However, her favorite of the job is seeing that the efforts of the marketing team provide a significant and positive impact on the company.
When asked if anything has surprised Rachel about working in this industry, she says:
“Absolutely. It’s remarkable how the marketing landscape is constantly evolving, and sometimes, we have limited control over these changes. To stay ahead in this dynamic environment, continuous learning and staying updated with industry trends is essential.”
One thing that she wishes more people knew about her job is that although it can be a routine kind of work, marketing assistants aren’t just responsible for routine or administrative tasks. Instead, they are integral team members who contribute to the success of marketing campaigns and the company’s brand image.
Why Rachel Loves Bay Property Management Group
Rachel loves working at Bay Property Management Group because we foster a culture of support and continuous learning within the marketing team. BMG stays committed to employee growth by providing access to industry experts and ensuring that you have the resources and guidance you need to learn effectively.
In her opinion, what sets BMG apart from other property management companies is our dedication to continuous learning and adaptation. We take pride in delivering exceptional customer service to both our clients and our employees, making us stand out in the industry.
When asked about her best piece of advice for those considering this field or those in the profession already, she says:
“Never stop learning.”
Getting to Know Rachel Bustamante-Guades Outside of the Office
- When you’re not in the office, what do you like to do? – “Read books.”
- Tell us something off your bucket list – “See the aurora borealis.”
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you want to meet and why? – “Brandon Lee – to ask what it was like to be the son of Bruce Lee, the Icon.”
- What is the best book you have ever read? – “The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini”
- If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? – “Single-use plastics.”
- What are three words to describe yourself? – “Thoughtful, introverted, driven.”
Bay Property Management Group is a full-service property management company here to help you with all your residential and multi-family property needs. Our business is strictly property management, so our specialization enables us to serve you better. Contact BMG today to learn more about our rental property management services and speak to one of our fantastic employees like Rachel Bustamante-Guades.