At Bay Property Management Group, we are property management professionals focused on customer service. Furthermore, our goal is to make property ownership both a pleasurable and profitable experience for our clients. We know that our success is due to our awesome team members and how they each contribute something special to our property management company.
Therefore, we are initiating our Employee Spotlight to help you get to know more about our talented employees and how their unique backgrounds and expertise help us stay a “cut above the rest.” Today, we proudly introduce Olga Torrefiel, one of our Property Managers for BMG. Read on to discover all about Olga, her professional background, and what she enjoys most about working here at Bay Property Management Group.
Meet Olga Torrefiel, Property Manager for BMG
Olga Torrefiel is one of our talented property managers for Bay Property Management Group. She works for our Philadelphia office and has been with us for two years and six months now.
Before working at BMG, she worked as a virtual assistant for over two years and also worked in customer service for a few years before that.
One of her most notable positions was as an Incentive Scheme Administrator for Emirates Petroleum Products Company (EPPCO) in Dubai. There, she handled the incentive program for all the retail staff in the company. She would go around UAE, where there were petrol stations, do audits, and ensure the staff were happy. Additionally, she was the lead organizer and announcer of the yearly award events, where she would announce the Employee of the Year winners and Site of the Year awards winners.
A Day in the Life of Olga Torrefiel
Olga has several important responsibilities in her role as a property manager. One thing she does is assign work orders to our maintenance technicians or our vendors. Then, she’ll follow up to ensure they’re completed on time. She says:
“As property managers, we have to coordinate with vendors and technicians to complete the turnover process of a vacant property and ensure it’s move-in ready for new tenants.”
Additionally, she’s responsible for updating owners about their properties regarding repairs, tenant payments, or any inquiries they may have. She also ensures that tenant inquiries and requests are responded to promptly.
She also has other administrative tasks, like approving invoices, processing move-out forms, and assisting office administration in following up with rental licenses, lead certificates, and other required documents.
A typical work day for Olga starts with responding to emails and returning calls (voicemails) that were left overnight. She makes sure to respond to all important and urgent matters first. Then, all work orders that were received must be sent out to vendors or added to the technician’s schedule. From there, she’ll work on her daily tasks for the day, which include answering phone calls, following up on pending work orders, and sending updates to owners and tenants.
Olga’s favorite part of her job is that it’s not a typical admin job. She says:
“We always have to be thinking on our toes. No day is the same. Something always comes up that may challenge your decision-making skills.”
One thing that surprised Olga about working in the rental property management industry is that no two days are the same. Each day, something new comes up that surprises her.
Why Olga Loves Bay Property Management Group
Olga loves working at Bay Property Management Group, as they always try to improve their processes to make things more effective and efficient. Throughout the process, they help property managers streamline their tasks so they can do them faster.
When asked about her best piece of advice for those considering this field or those in the profession already, she says:
“I have to say, this job is not for the weak. A lot of times, I find myself in a crossfire between tenants and owners. The best thing you can do is to give the best service you can. Hopefully, you can find a way to make both parties happy.”
Getting to Know Olga Outside of the Office
- When you’re not in the office, what do you like to do? – “I like traveling. So, whenever I have the time, I would like to do that, even just locally. I take care of my two fur babies, and both give me lots of happiness.”
- Tell us something off your bucket list – “I wanted to see the old streets of Kyoto, Japan. I have always been fascinated with the country, their culture, and most especially, their food!”
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you want to meet and why? – “Cesar Milan. I am really interested to know how he is able to train the dogs. I have shih tzu dogs, and both are gentle, but I have always dreamed of having a big dog. However, I don’t think I can manage one right now.”
- What is the best book you have ever read? – “I can remember a Mitch Albom book, Tuesdays with Morrie, that made me bawl my eyes out. Since then, I have read a few more books written by him. I am not a big reader, but if I get interested in an author, I usually try to read a few. I’m intrigued by Colleen Hoover’s books and have been trying to collect some of her titles. I just tried audiobooks as well.”
- If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? – “Nuclear bombs! They are scary.”
- What are three words to describe yourself? – “Perseverance, diligent, and hardworking.”
Bay Property Management Group is a full-service property management company here to help you with all your residential and multi-family property needs. Our business is strictly property management, so our specialization enables us to serve you better. Contact BMG today to learn more about our Northern Virginia rental property management services and speak to one of our fantastic employees like Olga Torrefiel.