At Bay Property Management Group, we are property management professionals focused on customer service. Furthermore, our goal is to make property ownership both a pleasurable and profitable experience for our clients. We know that our success is due to our awesome team members and how they each contribute something special to our property management company.
Therefore, we are initiating our Employee Spotlight to help you get to know more about our talented Washington DC property managers and other industry professionals and how their unique backgrounds and expertise help us stay a “cut above the rest.” Today, we proudly introduce Tanya Glover, our Senior Leasing Agent for BMG. Read on to discover all about Tanya, her professional background, and what she enjoys most about working here at Bay Property Management Group.
Meet Tanya Glover, Senior Leasing Agent for BMG
Tanya Glover is our Senior Leasing Agent for our office in Laurel and covers the Washington DC Metro area. She started with Bay Property Management Group almost two years ago, but she’s been in the property management industry for ten years.
In the past, Tanya has held positions as a Real Estate Broker in the Maryland/Washington, DC area. Additionally, she’s worked as a Multifamily Property Manager, a Director of Property Management, and an REO Asset Manager.
While working in the industry, she earned several certifications and awards related to her work. She’s a Certified Rental Specialist in Maryland and Broker Associate in Maryland/DC. Additionally, she’s worked her way to a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) and a Top Producer in Real Estate.
A Day in the Life of Tanya Glover
Tanya starts her day around 6:30 am and begins by checking emails and following up on leads. Her main job responsibilities involve leasing scattered site properties. So, throughout the day, she does the following tasks:
- Tour properties with prospective renters
- Compose lease agreements and other documents
- Ensure new renters fill in the necessary move-in paperwork and utility setup
- Walk through properties
- Take note of any property issues
- Respond to all incoming emails on time
- Speak with property owners
- Complete all required BMG tasks daily
Being in the industry for so long, not much surprises Tanya anymore–she’s seen it all. That said, her favorite part of her job includes meeting different people and helping them find their next place to call home. One thing that she wishes more people knew about working in rental property management is:
“You get what you put into it.”
When it comes to the property management industry, you’ll learn that without genuine effort, you’ll find it’s harder to succeed. So, as Tanya says, the more effort you put in, the better your results will be.
Why Tanya Loves Bay Property Management Group
According to Tanya, one thing that sets Bay Property Management Group apart is the flexible work environment. She says:
“BMG allows agents to work on the road and gives them the space to do their jobs well.”
Here at BMG, we strive to create a healthy balance between the needs of property owners and tenants to keep everyone satisfied. Her best piece of advice for those considering a job in the property management field or those already in the field includes the following:
“Always follow up on your leads, be compassionate, and listen to your clients.”
Getting to Know Tanya Outside of the Office
- When you’re not in the office, what do you like to do? – “Travel and spend time with my husband, children, and grandchildren.”
- Tell us something off your bucket list – “Travel to Africa for a safari.”
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you want to meet and why? – “Nikola Tesla, a genius, a forward thinker, a man who had the blueprints to additional needed technology.”
- What is the best book you have ever read? – “1984 by George Orwell.”
- If you could dis-invent one thing, what would it be? – “Social Media.”
- What are three words to describe yourself? – “Leader, Hardworking, and Fair.”
Bay Property Management Group is a full-service property management company here to help you with all your residential and multifamily property needs. Our business is strictly property management, so our specialization enables us to serve you better. Contact BMG today to learn more about our rental property management services and speak to one of our fantastic employees like Tanya Glover.