Your Rentec Direct team is very excited to share all of the progress that was achieved throughout the beginning of 2022, and we are looking forward to all the exciting updates that the rest of this year will bring.
You Are Loving the Remodel as Much as We Do!
The Rentec Direct Remodel has been officially live throughout 2022 for all clients. Your fellow landlords and property managers have been able to save time and move through their day even more efficiently with the many advantages the remodel provides.
We are so excited to share all of the new design’s advantages with our amazing clients! Check out these glowing responses to the new design.
“I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new portal.”– Kim W
“I wanted to brag on a new behavior in the software that I LOVE. I love that in the property screen I can now also type a tenant and it will display the property at which that tenant resides. Didn’t use to be able to do that in the old layout and I really like that new feature. Good Job!!!” – Christopher P
“This website redesign is fantastic, well done to you and your team!” – Chris F
If you haven’t tried it out yet, what are you waiting for? There’s no time like the present, and your Success Team is always there for you if you have any questions.
Important Note for Legacy Software Clients:
Not only will the remodeled software save you time, it offers additional features that you cannot find in the Legacy version of the Rentec Direct software. As new integrations and exciting new updates continue, these will only be released within the remodel.
To get all the features you love and new features you’re sure to adore, click the “Try It Now” button on the Summary Page.
Updates will no longer be made to the Legacy version of the software, and we want to ensure you have the best bang for your buck. Switching to the new version is completely free; get started with the Remodel today to get the best experience possible.
Your Rentec Direct development team hasn’t slowed down. They’ve been working hard to add helpful fixes and updates to the remodel, and are even working on new integrations that are sure to make your day easier.
In-house, the team refers to the smaller updates as a bug fix, QuickFix, HotFix, or issue report, and large updates as Features or Enhancements. Behind the scenes, a lot goes on to make your software the best it can be, and Q1’s updates will surely show that.
We enjoy providing these highlights so can stay abreast of any important updates and can be sure they are always hard at work improving the software for your needs.
Here’s a look at what the Development Team has been working on for Q1 of 2022.
MADE LIVE IN Q1 [January, February & March] 2021
- Enhancement 1647 – Bank accounts now are better sorted by your chart of accounts number.
- Enhancement 1677 – Usability enhancements to print checks confirmation page
- Enhancement 1632 – Add Emoji Support to Incoming Text Messages
- Enhancement 1694 – Added delete option for split transactions
- Enhancement 1633 – Automatically Generated Passwords for owner and tenant portals are now longer and more secure
- Enhancement 1670 – Usability improvements to Transaction History and preserve bookmarkable URLs
- Enhancement 1638 – Added the ability to upload forms in pdf, doc, docx format which are now automatically converted
- Enhancement 1699 – Added smart filetype detection to handle incorrect file type extensions on uploaded files
- Enhancement 1738 – Added a View Listings link to Properties List
- Enhancement 1726- The system will now automatically enable the tenant or owner portal when setting a password
- Enhancement 1743 – Added delete option to message templates
- Enhancement 1750 – Added Attachments filtering option to File Library
- Enhancement 1583 – Added Deposit Balance to the Tenant infobox
- Enhancement 1772 – Returned the format menu to message and form editors
- Enhancement 1681 – Charges can now be categorized
- Usability improvements to printing checks
- Fixed an issue where some deposits were not being linked to a property
- Added Archive Badge to applicable Subtenants
- Changed the menu item for “Email / Text Msg” to “Send Message”
- Cleaned up InfoBoxes so they no longer show blank data fields
- Issue 1679 – Fixed print preview in Chrome
- Issue 1678 – Raise error on invalid lease-end date
- Issue 1686 – Remove unnecessary leading comma from Background Check Details
- Issue 1673 – Fix issue with error on Account Ledger A and Account Ledger B reports
- Issue 1685 – Fixed issue with some reports not including the final day of the month’s data
- Issue 1697 – Fixed issue where bank was erased when editing a split transaction
- Issue 1703 – Allow partial depreciation years (ie, 27.5 years)
- Issue 1665 – Fix issue with table filters not highlighting special chars like _ and ‘
- Issue 1691 – Fixed stretched logos on work orders
- Issue 1707 – Improved Property Performance Performance
- Issue 1716 – Fix Issue with Canceling Some Signature Requests
- Issue 1734 – Fix for sub users sending group messages
- Issue 1761 – Allow Empty Date of Birth for Tenants
- Issue 1760 – Fix issue with edit insurance not allowing past Expiration Date
- Finalize Legacy Url. The Remodeled software is now the primary url.
- Issue – Fixed a css issue with Reports on Legacy.
- reload preferences when loading summary.php
- Update Legacy to ignore new charge categories
UPCOMING FEATURE RELEASES
Rentec Direct is partnering with Rhino to offer an alternative to the cash security deposit. Rhino security deposit insurance is more affordable for renters with equal and more convenient protection for landlords. Look for our announcement on the blog in the upcoming weeks for more information about this cool new feature that will soon be available.
These software updates are the result of valuable feedback and input from our awesome clients. If there is a new feature or a software enhancement you would love to see added to Rentec Direct, let us know.